The academic discipline of project management has attracted growing interest from students, scholars and researchers in the recent times, thanks to the potential risks associated with execution of large projects. Many students and researchers ask us for suitable project managementdissertation topicsto improve their employment prospects. Here I have compiled a list of some project management issues for research and discussion.
It should be noted that the following list is in no particular order, but modified to meet academic research requirements.
Title: Is Project Management Software Worth the Cost?
Purpose: Project management as an individual academic subject has flourished in recent decades. With it has come companies and software development firms that churn out what they consider project management tools most focused on scheduling time, cost, and team. The research will analyse different project management software in order to conclude if they do increase productivity and lead to project success.
Title: Team Conflict Dynamic Model & Project Success
Purpose: The research uses the team conflict dynamics model to analyse different conflict types and team conflict profiles to produce resolutions that can improve or lead to project success.
Title: Culture and Conflict Management
Purpose:The research examines how cultures of project managers may influence their methods of conflict resolution. How does a project manager’s culture affect the way they name, frame, blame, and try to tame conflict that arises in their project?
Title: Is the “Wall” Possible?: Analysing the Mexican-American Border Wall from a Project Management Perspective.
Purpose: During the 2016 Presidential Election President Donald Trump boosted about building a big, beautiful border wall across the American southern border. The current research analyses the feasibility of the “Wall” using project management principals and civil engineering. The research will examine if the project is possible to be completed within the 4 years of President Trumps current term and within a possible budget.
Title: Analyzing the project delay causes and how global construction companies are coping with it
Purpose: The main aim of the research will be focusing on identifying the main causes and symptoms of project delays and how it impacts the over project lifecycle. The second phase of the project will be focusing on how global construction companies have devised different strategies to cope with this issue.
Title: Assessing the importance of communication in maintaining quality and timely delivery of project activities.
Purpose: This research will be focusing on analyzing the significance of communication between project organization and its stake holders (both internal and external) and how this this efficient communication helps the organization in maintaining quality and timely delivery of project activities.
Title: Identifying the factors of project selection: A drastic shift project benefits approach towards customer-centricity
Purpose: The main purpose of this research paper is to identify the most important factors that helps in selecting a project. This paper will specifically be focusing on analyze the shift of project benefits approach towards customer-centricity. Project benefits are focused more on attaining tangible things such as high sales, more revenue, faster call handling times etc; whereas customer centricity approach is focused more on selecting those clients who are easy to work with, having high brand value etc.
Title: Analyzing the impact of project misalignment with business objectives on the overall project performance:
Purpose: Although there are many factors that causes projects delays or makes it unsuccessful, however this research will be focusing on identifying the consequences of project misalignment with business objectives on the overall project performance.
Title: Assessing the importance of project management soft skills in the context of project success rates
Purpose: This research will be having a detailed critical analysis of project management soft skills including its benefits and cost and how it helps the project in achieving the desired result and outcome.
More Project Management Dissertation Topics
- Investigating project management success for project oriented business organisations from the perspective of technical capacity, organization structure and leadership
- Understanding the role of project management soft skills to increase project success rates – Review of statistically meaningful and documented evidence
- Understanding the role of project management methodologies to increase project success rates – Review of statistically meaningful and documented evidence
- Does the “Triangle model” of project management accurately represent the PM process? – Why do project managers across the globe continue to cling to the triangle as a model for project management despite the obvious problems?
- Should “project exit strategy” be part of the project management philosophy? An empirical investigation to conclude to what extent projects have an “exit strategy”
- “Learning from History – Does general management have established theories that support it? If so, presumably the originators faced the same challenges of legitimacy as project management research faces to day. In which case, what can be learned from the original emergence and growth of general management?”
- Investigating various career paths available to project managers in light of relative evidences
- Examining the significance and value of Project Management Office (PMO) in comparison with Project Portfolio Management Offices (PPMO) and Project Program Offices (PPO)
- To validate and test principles supporting the concept of PMI’s Project Management Maturity (OPM3) to suggest improvements
- Discussing the relative merits of different project management certifications
- Examining the differences between process groups and project life cycle – Potential problems for PM practitioners
- The importance of PMBOK in improving project management performance – Why and how project management complexity affects projects
- To identify and analyse the most important elements to improve project management performance
- Why there are substantial differences between project management theories and practices? The role of users and tutors
- To identify and discuss the differences between project management and operations management
- What is the most suitable time to develop project plan and how detailed it should be?
- To establish the first principles of project management for project community
Also Read: Construction Engineering Dissertation Topics
“Our expert dissertation writers can help you with all stages of the dissertation writing process including topic research and selection, dissertation plan, dissertation proposal, methodology, statistical analysis, primary and secondary research, findings and analysis and complete dissertation writing.Learn more about Research Prospect dissertation writing services. “
Dissertation topics on project management in construction industry
- To evaluate the process of green project management in China – The challenges and opportunities
- Differences in working styles of Saudi project managers and foreign project managers – An empirical study
- To identify and discuss risk management techniques employed by practitioners in Nigerian construction industry
- To develop risk Management framework for Saudi construction industry and compare it with international standards
- How important is project planning for green projects – A case study of any large and diversified UK construction project
“Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.”
Dissertation topics on different project management knowledge-areas
- Conflicts in Building Projects – Analysis of causes and management approaches
- The important of dispute prevention and resolution in construction industry
- Developing an effective leadership model for project management
- The role of leadership in project management
- How important is it for project leaders to refer to the PMBOK Guide?
- Forecasting project progress and early warning of project overruns with probabilistic methods
- Developing a model for successful estimation of Times and Cost
- To examine the current quality management theories and practices in UK
- Quality Control and Due Diligence in Project Management: Getting Decisions Right by Taking the Outside View
- Human Resource Management in Project-Based Organisations: Challenges and Changes
- A Strategic HRM and Project Management in an Abu Dhabi Governmental Organization – UAE
- Succeeding in Project Communication – Effective Tools for the Purposes of Change Management
- The construction project manager as communicator in the property development and construction industries
- Unpacking project management communication – A relational approach to strategy
How to structure your project management dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help studentsto achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract/Executive Summary: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction: This chapter includes project rationale, research background, key research aim and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of dissertation can also be added to this chapter/
- Literature Review: This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analyzing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the chosen research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic and key terms can be really useful for the students.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods and data analysis strategy.
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts and tables to this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and state whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An important aspect of this section of the paper is to draw a linkage between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations in regards to implications of the results and directions for future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research along with final judgments, opinions, and comments must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete thedissertationbut not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
Project management is a set of management activities integrated to form one service for the creation of a specific event, product or service. Project management dissertation topics can be based on a range of issues that detail any one or more of the integral management concepts within a project's lifespan. Research topics in project management for MBA or for other master's degree also deal with potential risk areas associated with project development and execution. The following is a list of the more trending project management topic ideas.
List of project management dissertation topics
The list given below contains finished titles so you can choose any of them, modify a bit by adding specific sector, industry, or country you want to research on. Either you are an undergraduate student looking for research proposal topics in project management, doing your masters or searching a topic for your PhD thesis, you will find this list useful.
A systems approach to controlling costs in project management- the case of the R&D department for a UK based consumer good manufacturer.
A review on the initiation stage of a project- the case of the UK medicine sector.
The importance of the managerial process within the broad spectrum of project management.
A review of the evolution and development of Project management in Europe's construction industry.
The impact of project length on management control and quality- the case of the UK healthcare sector.
How intimately are project management and project success related? Review of literature in the US education sector.
A review of the similarities and differences in project management practices across the world.
Green building and project management- review from current literature.
An exploration of the potential possibilities of competitive advantage in project management.
How do project managers assess and plan for Critical Path Analysis- an empirical study.
The validity for uncertainty in difficult and lengthy projects in the UK construction industry.
An investigative analysis for the evolution and development of project management across the past 25 years.
How important is an understanding for the intricate nature of a project towards its effective management.
An explorative analysis for the benchmark standard of maturity measurement in project management.
Developing an understanding for Agile Project Management- evidence from academic literature.
Do PMBOK guidelines effectively prepare managers for successfully handling project risks?
An explorative investigation of the efficacy of the different prevailing project management methodologies- review from the US.
How do organizations justify their choice of software development methodologies?
An empirical analysis of the importance of teamwork on project management- the case of the UK healthcare system.
A comparative analysis of the project management software tools in terms of efficacy within the developed world.
Project management and attitude towards risk- an analysis of the UK oil and gas sector.
An investigative approach to analysis of the differences between Agile and Scrum approach to Project Management in the UK.
Challenges in public procurement for project management in Britain's IT sector- review of the literature.
Analyzing the stakeholder approach to successful completion and adoption of projects from a global perspective.
An investigation into project management best practices in Europe's financial sector.
An evaluation of a project's risk assessment strategies in UK's medicine sector.
Exploring leadership qualities for successful project management- evidence from the US.
Paid Topic Consultation Service
In this service, We will send you few topics as per your requirements. After you approve a topic, on an approved topic, you will get dissertation topic brief of at least 250-word which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
There you go. Use the list well and let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for our topics related blog posts for the future.